31 August 2009

Do you want fries with that?

"We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it”                 J.F.K.
...thus begins pre-season football in Wisconsin!  Everyone has an idea of what needs to be done to build a better team.  Everyone feels the need to voice their oppinions no matter what they really know or have experienced in the lines of pro-football.  Ask any grandma tailgating on game day...Ask, well...really anyone, once the final buzzer sounds.  They all know who should stay and who should be asking "Do you want fries with that?" the following Monday.
I love a good contest.  Be it American footbal, the REAL football (soccer for those who have yet to figure it out), ice hockey, rugby, baseball, curling...doesnt matter, excepting basketball -- I cant seem to get into that one.  I love the competition.  I love the game strategy.  I never really used to think about it much, going to games was just a fun time out.  Living where we do, we have so many opportunities from which to choose when it comes to sports entertainment.  I never really thought much about it until I played sports myself. 
Recently (a little over 4 years ago) I started playing soccer.  It was mostly a "turning 40 thing" which ended up being even more life changing than ticking off another decade mark, and it gave me another perspective of why people play and care about sports.  I learned about competition, team-work, comraderie, sister-hood (I play in a women's league).  I am understanding what makes MY teams click (or not).  So then, regarding professional sports -- I know little about how a particular team really comes together because I am not on the inside...I really believe one has to be in that circle to really know what has to be done.  We can all watch and make suppositions and accusations...but what does that really do?  So WHY then do all these people feel it is the end all, be all to let me know how a team should be coached or run?  I guess I will never understand...if anything, it is even more entertaining than the game itself!
Well, time to stop bloggin' and get back to espn360.com...I think there is a Bundesliga soccer replay I haven't watched!  (and thanks to J.P. for the photos!)

No comments: