12 August 2009

All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast...





-- John Gunther (1901-1970)



Yes, if only every day could start out that way! Perhaps that is why we don't have all the happiness in a day that is possible?

This was MY leisurely breakfast this morning. I thought I would give this quote a run for the money, so to speak. Eaten in the peace and quiet of my front porch. Well, as much peace and quiet as suburbia will allow, anyways.

Sure, I eat this sort of breakfast most days in the week. But each bite is interrupted by morning phone calls, kids needing something, getting dressed, making a lunch for work, etc... If I get up earlier, making time for that leisurely little meal, the day does seem to go much smoother.




And look who joined me today...Not the most attractive of God's creatures, but hey, I guess we can't all be cardinals, coopers hawks, or squirrels, right? Yes, these are some of the other frequent visitors to my yard. Actually, most of them share the property with me and my family. I see them when I actually take the time to sit still. When will I learn?

So today, among all the myriad of things that "must" be done, I will schedule some more quiet time with my little neighbors!

No comments: