22 May 2011

I'm sensing a pattern here...

...I wanted to sit down an do a post about what was on my mind this morning, and realize it was going to be about how this spring morning have my senses reeling yet again.  I'm on my patio with my compulsory cup of coffee, enjoying Deutsches Schlagermusik, morning sunshine, the fresh air and spring blossoms every where.  I'll soon pick up a bit of knitting to complete this moment of bliss ...  *big smile* 
  I am not normally a morning person, but so much was going on later today that will monopolize my time that I felt restless upon waking.  Usually I have a hard time getting moving, but something in me just "turned on" this morning.  Got a big turkey in the oven, got the wash going, got the stray dishes done, swept floors and then thought some morning patio time was in order before the second wave of activity hit.  Not to mention that the house was ALL mine!  Only a sleepy dog to tend to, or more accurately NOT tend to...  *another big smile*
  This afternoon will be the beginning of a busy week.  The last concert of the school year starts it all off.  Following later in the week is work, car recall repair, vet appointment, tutoring lesson, more work, dentist appointment, yet more work...and that is just what I KNOW is scheduled.  That of course is interspersed with housework (that cleaning fairy never seems to make her scheduled appointments here!)...oh, but don't think there will be no fun activity.  Looking forward to a luncheon with "the Brit girls", a coffee out while that car is being looked at, and a visit to the farmers market (all whilst knitting is getting done I hope) So, there always seems to be a bit of balance -- even though I let the responsibility side get a bit heavy, in my mind anyways.
  It is an amazing thing that a simple sit on the porch on a sunny spring morning surrounded by my favorite things can bring that all to light...my life is good...

No comments: